In this article, we will talk about a part that allows Airplanes to maneuver. The name of that piece is Rudder of plane; As you can see from the figure, planes basically move on three axes in the air. These axes are Yaw, Pitch, Roll axes.
Summarize the rudder part;
* Allows the plane to make the turn (Yaw) movement.
* Thanks to the air hitting the surface with the rudder’s right movement, the tail part of the plane slides to the left, and the nose part moves to the right.
* In the Rudder’s left movement, the aircraft tail moves to the right, while the nose part moves to the left.
* Located on the trailing edge of the vertical stabilizer.
* They are controlled by plane rudder pedals on the cockpit.
* Turn right by pressing the right pedal, and turn left by pressing the left pedal.
The effect of rudder movements is directly proportional to the speed of the aircraft. In a fast moving aircraft, the desired maneuver can be achieved with small rudder movements. Because the air force hitting the rudder surface increases as the plane speeds up. Large rudder maneuvers are required to achieve the desired movement at full sweat and low speeds.